Meet our executive team
We are a group of seasoned marketing professionals who come from diverse backgrounds, which yields a strong cerebral process of creative energy, pragmatic decisions and abundant knowledge.
MIKE SHERMAN CEO
- Over 25 years of hands-on DM experience working on large-scale strategic projects for clients in financial services, healthcare and insurance.
- A specialist in direct marketing strategy and analytics for both retention and acquisition-based campaigns offline and online.
- Mike is also an instrument-rated pilot and volunteers his time to Angel Flight West on a regular basis.
- Graduate of Oregon State University with a BA in Economics.
STEVE SHERMAN President
- Over 20 years of DM experience with a specialized background in credit card, personal loan and retail direct marketing campaigns.
- Extensive production knowledge, which allows DMS to produce cost-effective packages for its national client base.
- Prior to joining DMS, worked for Miller Freeman Publishing serving many of the largest technology companies in the world.
- Graduate of the University of Southern California with a BS in Business Administration.
ED SHERMAN FOUNDER
- One of the founding fathers of direct mail, starting in the field in 1964.
- Founded Direct Marketing Solutions in 1982. Managed thousands of campaigns for clients in financial services, public utilities and retail.
- Retired from DMS in 1999 after being diagnosed with MS. Ed is still active with DMS and mentor to sons Mike and Steve.
- Very active philanthropist and proud grandfather of eight.
DAVID CLEARY CFO
- 27+ years working as CFO for private and public companies in the areas of manufacturing, real estate development, consumer retail products and software development.
- CFO at Morrow Snowboard, taking it through the initial public offering. He worked as an audit manager for Deloitte, an international public accounting firm.
- Involvement with private equity, venture capital, public financings, raising $20+ million for venture back companies. He has an experience in mergers and acquisitions, debt restructures, contract negotiations, plus strategic and tactical planning and execution.
MARY HILDIE COO
- 18+ years of direct marketing agency experience in senior operational roles.
- Extensive experience managing direct marketing programs for the healthcare industry.
- Prior to DMS, Mary was Vice President, Program Management at Lowe Campbell-Ewald in Warren, MI. She managed a team developing and implementing marketing campaigns for the U.S. Navy, U.S. Postal Service, Michelin, GMAC, OnStar, AC Delco and Pearle Vision.
- As Vice President, Operations at Hacker Agency in Seattle, WA, she was responsible for pricing, RFPs, SOW development, supplier management, and the production studio. In addition, she led the project management group overseeing direct mail and digital marketing programs for national accounts such as AT&T, Netflix, Carnival Cruise Line and Hyatt.
KAREN KING VP of human resources
- Has recruited talent for B2C and B2B world-class brands that included LG, Google, HP, Cisco, Verizon, Sony and others.
- Boosted profits by creating and launching an in-house online paperwork onboarding system. Also recognized for the implementation of superior employee relations and in-house analytical HR systems.
- Revamped and organically improved HR processes, system integrations, and employee practices that saw employee growth from 444 full-time and 1,000 part-time to a 3k full-time and 3k part-time flex workforce.
- Strategically aligned employee engagement programs with company goals and mission.
terry powell vp of business development
- Direct marketing specialist with more than 20 years of experience in areas of mortgage, home equity, credit and prepaid cards, wealth management, healthcare, travel, seniors, insurance and technology.
- Creates integrated marketing communications that drive response, entice transactions and enhance branding while defining client marketing challenges and implementing solutions.
- Strives to continually improve results through smart, well-defined strategy and execution.
JOHN WEST SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
- More than 20 years of direct mail experience at various financial service organizations, including Nationwide, Orchard Bank, Household, HSBC, Standard Insurance and Freedom Financial.
- John was a key leader in building the Orchard Bank direct mail business from the ground up.
- At HSBC he worked on campaigns that averaged over 50M pieces mailed per month and resulted in net income growth >20% YOY.
- Launched the direct mail channel for the debt consolidation and personal loan lines of business at Freedom Financial.
LORI THORNTON ACCOUNT SERVICES DIRECTOR
- Seasoned print production and direct mail specialist with 26+ years of experience.
- Extensive experience working in and with agencies, lettershops and client services.
- Prior to DMS, Lori was Senior Production Manager at EarthLink, CA. She managed EarthLink’s high-volume marketing campaign for their VOIP product. She was also Director of Production at KERN, an Omnicom Agency, CA. She managed a production team executing high-volume, complex marketing campaigns for DIRECTV, AAA and Symantec.
TOM ATWOOD DATA & DIGITAL DIRECTOR
- More than 20 years of information technology experience working on large-scale projects for clients and network infrastructures.
- Specializes in strategic planning with company executives by preparing and presenting various reports that analyze business requirements and develop/design technical solutions to meet current and future needs.
- Specializes in electronic data imaging, networking, data transferring security, development of new customized programs, and computer programming.
JEREMY BESSIRE CREATIVE DIRECTOR
- More than 22 years of creative work in integrated direct marketing and brand advertising campaigns.
- He uses his strategic and conceptual skills to build market advantage for clients by interpreting their strengths and turning them into design expressions.
- Established an agency within DMS that expanded creative services beyond direct mail into fully integrated marketing campaigns.
- During his tenure at DMS, he has created highly successful direct marketing campaigns for Fortune 1000 clients in a variety of industries.
KATHERINE KILDUFF COPY DIRECTOR
- Worked for more than a decade as a photojournalist and editor-in-chief at newspapers in California, Idaho, Montana and Oregon.
- With almost 10 years in the marketing field, she now co-leads the DMS creative department with a focus on conceptualization, copywriting and brand development, in addition to leading the proofreader team.
- Helped foster the DMS agency side with a keen sense of how words work with design cohesively to drive response.
- Composes compelling copy across all channels, from vlog scripts to direct mail to social media.
SHANE WILKS DP MANAGER
- Over 11 years of software implementation and systems design experience, working with database-driven systems and implementing solutions designed to meet customer needs.
- Manages data processing and software and data systems development.
- Specializes in designing and implementing efficient solutions that produce accurate results and work within complex software and data systems.
- Prior to DMS, worked for Evraz Steel Mills as a software engineer developing and maintaining production systems, including development of reporting and materials testing systems.
Johnny Magnus IT & Security Manager
- Over 15 years of information technologies experience and network administration.
- Previous technical experience in e-discovery and legal expert firms.
- Manages security components in accordance with SOC II level compliance.
- Designs strategies to utilize state-of-the-art technology to enhance business processes.
- Extensive experience working in and with agency and client services.