Meet our executive team
We are a group of seasoned marketing professionals who come from diverse backgrounds, which yields a strong cerebral process of creative energy, pragmatic decisions and abundant knowledge.
MIKE SHERMAN CEO
- Over 25 years of hands-on DM experience working on large-scale strategic projects for clients in financial services, healthcare and insurance.
- A specialist in direct marketing strategy and analytics for both retention and acquisition-based campaigns offline and online.
- Mike is also an instrument-rated pilot and volunteers his time to Angel Flight West on a regular basis.
- Graduate of Oregon State University with a BA in Economics.
STEVE SHERMAN President
- Over 20 years of DM experience with a specialized background in credit card, personal loan and retail direct marketing campaigns.
- Extensive production knowledge, which allows DMS to produce cost-effective packages for its national client base.
- Prior to joining DMS, worked for Miller Freeman Publishing serving many of the largest technology companies in the world.
- Graduate of the University of Southern California with a BS in Business Administration.
DAVID CLEARY CFO
- 27+ years working as CFO for private and public companies in the areas of manufacturing, real estate development, consumer retail products and software development.
- CFO at Morrow Snowboard, taking it through the initial public offering. He worked as an audit manager for Deloitte, an international public accounting firm.
- Involvement with private equity, venture capital, public financings, raising $20+ million for venture back companies. He has an experience in mergers and acquisitions, debt restructures, contract negotiations, plus strategic and tactical planning and execution.
TERRY POWELL VP OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Direct marketing specialist with more than 20 years of experience in areas of mortgage, home equity, credit and prepaid cards, wealth management, healthcare, travel, seniors, insurance and technology.
- Creates integrated marketing communications that drive response, entice transactions and enhance branding while defining client marketing challenges and implementing solutions.
- Strives to continually improve results through smart, well-defined strategy and execution.
MARY MANNING VP OF HUMAN RESOURCES
- Seasoned and accomplished HR senior leader with more than two decades of human resources and organizational development experience.
- Served as VP, Human Resources for Acumed LLC of Hillsboro, OR. Previously helmed HR departments for International Rehabilitative Sciences, Inc., Interface Engineering, Inc., Leupold & Stevens, Inc. and the Portland Development Commission (City of Portland).
- Partners with DMS leaders to optimize individual and team performance and organizational development in pursuit of DMS business goals.
- Champions DMS’ strong commitment to ethical business practice, people, local communities.
JOHN WEST SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
- More than 20 years of direct mail experience at various financial service organizations, including Nationwide, Orchard Bank, Household, HSBC, Standard Insurance and Freedom Financial.
- John was a key leader in building the Orchard Bank direct mail business from the ground up.
- At HSBC he worked on campaigns that averaged over 50M pieces mailed per month and resulted in net income growth >20% YOY.
- Launched the direct mail channel for the debt consolidation and personal loan lines of business at Freedom Financial.
LORI THORNTON ACCOUNT SERVICES DIRECTOR
- Seasoned print production and direct mail specialist with 26+ years of experience.
- Extensive experience working in and with agencies, lettershops and client services.
- Prior to DMS, Lori was Senior Production Manager at EarthLink, CA. She managed EarthLink’s high-volume marketing campaign for their VOIP product. She was also Director of Production at KERN, an Omnicom Agency, CA. She managed a production team executing high-volume, complex marketing campaigns for DIRECTV, AAA and Symantec.
TOM ATWOOD CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
- More than 20 years of information technology experience working on large-scale projects for clients and network infrastructures.
- Specializes in strategic planning with company executives by preparing and presenting various reports that analyze business requirements and develop/design technical solutions to meet current and future needs.
- Specializes in electronic data imaging, networking, data transferring security, development of new customized programs, and computer programming.
JEREMY BESSIRE CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER
- More than 22 years of creative work in integrated direct marketing and brand advertising campaigns.
- He uses his strategic and conceptual skills to build market advantage for clients by interpreting their strengths and turning them into design expressions.
- Established an agency within DMS that expanded creative services beyond direct mail into fully integrated marketing campaigns.
- During his tenure at DMS, he has created highly successful direct marketing campaigns for Fortune 1000 clients in a variety of industries.
KATHERINE KILDUFF ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR
- Worked for more than a decade as a photojournalist and editor-in-chief at newspapers in California, Idaho, Montana and Oregon.
- With almost 10 years in the marketing field, she now co-leads the DMS creative department with a focus on conceptualization, copywriting and brand development, in addition to leading the proofreader team.
- Helped foster the DMS agency side with a keen sense of how words work with design cohesively to drive response.
- Composes compelling copy across all channels, from vlog scripts to direct mail to social media.